Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

After a small Easter egg hunt at Leah's birthday party on Friday afternoon, the 2 year olds (Isabelle, Jon, Leah, and Addie) put their baskets aside for some real fun playing at the sand/water table.
Emily and Jonah, on the other hand, found a great hide-out spot where they could devour their candy without their moms noticing. Yeah right! I knew what she was up to, even though she kept shouting, "You can't find me, mom!" lol
After the birthday party, we went to Warren and Elaine's house for a hunt and picnic with friends. It was wonderful, and I realized more than ever how much I am going to miss them when they move.
Jonny and Lydia climbed into the red wagon and just sat there, waiting for someone to start pulling them. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen!
Aunt Ruthanne and Uncle Austin came over Saturday morning to dye eggs with Emily and Jon. They even brought candy because they wanted to have an Easter egg hunt with the kids afterwards.
I think my kids felt pretty special that Ruthanne and Austin had set up this hunt just for them. Thanks you guys!
That afternoon, we spent time with Wade's family, which we really enjoyed. Mom and Keith had hidden baskets around the house, which were filled with fun little toys.
Then the kids hunted for eggs in the basement. Jon received a picture of Christ when he was the lucky one to find the empty Easter egg, which symbolized the empty tomb, from which Christ arose on the third day.
Here are all the Stoney cousins, minus Taylor and Hayden. Emily couldn't have been more excited to have the same shirt as Ramsi and Ashtyn. She kept saying, "We're twins! We're twins!"
While I was dying Easter eggs that morning with Ruthanne, Austin, and the kids, Wade made an amazing chocolate Texas sheet cake for the family to share. We put 11 candles on one side for Kaylee, 2 candles in the middle for Jon, and 10 candles on the other side for Jo Jo. I kept telling Jo Jo she didn't have to carry Jon everywhere, but she wanted to, and heck, he loved the attention!
Here's Jo Jo, Emily, Kaylee, and Jon chasing each other in the backyard. As we were leaving, Jon said, "Jo Jo my friend. Jo Jo nice."
On the way home, the kids dumped the eggs out, so they could put their buckets on their heads and over their faces so they could make funny echo sounds. So silly!
The second we got home, Jonny ran to the nearest mud puddle and practially gave himself a mud bath. Aren't you proud of me for not stopping him? He had never been so happy!
Last, but not least, I just want to express why this holiday means so much to me. I feel so indebted to my Savior for His atoning sacrifice for us all. It's humbling to think of the great love He has for each one of us. It makes me want to be better everyday, so I don't cause him additional pain. I love Him and I love each of you, and am so grateful for the examples you are to me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so fun! You had lots of easter eggs hunts! And I think it is so cute that you went to the formal last week!

Kristen said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Glad you were able to do so much together. What a nice Ruth Anne is too.

Carlos said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had quite the party! LOVE the pic of Jon at the end covered in mud!

Cynthia said...

Wow! How many Easter egg hunts was that? And, has Ruthanne lost weight? She looks skinnier.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing! hehe I like that picture of me! By the way, I've lost 10 pounds.

Trav and Britt said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful easter! i also loved the dance pictures, you guys look great, and what an excellent opportunity for a date night! i also have to tell you thanks for being such a good friend and all your comments on my blog :) nobody in my fam knows how or has a blog so it makes my day to know that anyone actually sees it! you're the best! love you!

Kristal said...

Oh my goodness I love the picture of Jon covered in mud!! Glad you didn't stop him.