Sunday, June 21, 2009

Judges Run

Last Saturday, I ran my 3rd 5K, which was the Judges Run. I have a goal to run at least one 5K every year of my life (yes, even when I'm 90!) This one was cool because the route was in my neighborhood, starting at Highland High and ending at the Presbyterian church by my house. Last year, I ran both of my 5Ks the entire time without stopping to walk, but this year I hadn't trained quite the same because I've been so busy starting up my Preschool and running the Summer Camp, so I walked part of it and ran part of it. Next year, I want to train for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. There's a group called Team in Training, whom I'll train with. And as part of the team, I'll raise $4000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help find a cure for cancer, which I'm really excited about. It's a great cause. Man, I'm starting to think this running thing is addicting! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! You sure stay busy! And yes, running is VERY addicting! Hopefully we get to see you guys soon!

April Nielsen said...

You should get together with my sis in law who lives up there. She wants to run the Nike run too! She's trying to convince me but I had to talk myself into the
5ks that I did run. Do you have a secret as to how to start like running?

Unknown said...

Wow! I didn't realize it's been so long since i've checked your blog! I had to go back 2 times on older posts to see if you had started your preschool!! You'll have to give the details in July. It will be fun to see you guys. AND!!!! we will give you back your movie...apparently you should never lend across state. ;o)

Katie Leigh said...

Blechh. You can run for the both of us.

Brandi said...

I'm with Katie, you can run for me too! I like the weights classes and Zumba is fun- dance cardio, ya know. I am so PROUD of you! What a great cause too, the Nike one! You go GIRL!

Traciannee said...

Yes running is very addicting. Great job on your 5k's! I will be doing a half marathon in in fall if you are looking at training. Good luck with the Nike Marathon let me know if you get in. That is really great!

Trav and Britt said...

catherine! i just have to tell you that YOU ROCK!!!!!!! you are amazing! i need to take a lesson from you and put my running shoes on too!