Thursday, November 13, 2008

Emily's 3-year pictures

I can't believe my little girl is already 3 years old! I couldn't be happier about how her 3-year pictures turned out. I think she looks beautiful in them, but I'm not thrilled with our family picture. When I scheduled our appointment at the JC Penney studio, I had requested Jenny, who can always get my kids to smile, and is just super patient with children. They told me she no longer works there, so I requested another photographer who's been there a long time. On Saturday, when we showed up for our appointment, I was informed that my requested photographer had gone home for the day. I was really bugged! That was totally unprofessional!

The girl who ended up taking our pictures was nice, but because she was behind schedule, she only took like 6 family shots, rather than the usual 20 or so. I hate feeling rushed! Oh, and I forgot to mention that we were there for over 2 hours waiting. This was the best picture she took, and since it was better than the ones at Sugarhouse Park, we just bought a few for our parents and siblings, since we needed to keep it within budget anyway. Of course after our struggle trying to get Jon to sit still and either of them to smile, Emily was absolutely darling on her individual shots. What can you do?

I know many of you thought we needed to try again at Sugarhouse Park. It really was a perfect setting. But the day we went, it was incredibly frustrating with Jon screaming at me because I wouldn't let him swim in the pond while we were trying to take pictures. And Emily was just being plain grumpy. And then she had to go potty, but because it was Sunday, the restrooms were closed, so Wade pulled out a blanket and covered her up while I tried to convince her she could just pee behind the bush. I know, awful right? Well, then her pee trickles down her leg and onto the grass where I'm kneeling. So we're both covered in pee, and she starts crying, and I sure felt like doing the same. We even tried taking the pictures at 9:30 in the morning, a time when both Emily and Jon are usually so happy. We tried bribing them with all sorts of treats and surprises, but to no avail. It was such a pain at the park that we were glad that at least ONE at JC Penney turned out okay. Anyway, sorry about my negative attitude with all the drama! Sometimes a girl's just gotta vent!

15 comments:

Kelly said...

Those pictures of Emily are fabulous! The family picture looks good. That does suck you had to wait 2 hours with kids...it's hard waiting 2 minutes with them. I believe everyone has had a day like you did at the park. Ryan had to go pee really bad in the car once and we couldn't pull over...so at a stop light I made him pee in a cup...how awful is that? I guess I should be grateful he has a penis and can aim right? (if you feel the need to delete my comment because I said the word penis, feel free). :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest pics of Emmy!!! Oh my goodness. I love it. I need one. I like the one with her legs crossed. You family picture is cute! I'm sorry about waiting for so long. That's wayyyy lame she only took 6 shots. You should have been charged less if they say they'll take 20 and didn't.

Adam and Jenica said...

Emily looks adorable in her pictures its too bad like you said she couldn't be all smiley for your family ones. The family one turned out cute anyway.

cerrah said...

Pictures are so traumatic. I had some awful waiting experiences at the studio at Sears here in S.G., and whey you get a bad photographer it's all over after that. Although he or she did do very well on Emily's pictures. And you all look cute in the family one, so I say that's as close to success as you can get.

I'm glad your Primary Program went well. I really like the way you introduced the youngest kids, and tried to make it personal for them. If I ever have to be in charge of a program (please no...) I'll come reference here. (:

Cynthia said...

I love the pearls! She looks so grown-up!

The Lively's said...

Isn't nice your family pictures are done and they turned out cute! Pictures are so stressful. Thanks for the comment by the way. I hope I didn't sound like poor me. I think you should delete Kelly's comment! :) Just kidding Kelly!

Carlos said...

Way cute pictures of Emily! I can't believe she is three already either!!! Super cute, and the family one isn't too bad :) Your family is cute though....so how can you really get a bad pic? haha

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

amy said...

Catherin Emily's photos are fantastic I love the one lying down on the chaise.

Megan said...

The family picture is awesome! You have a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

What an adorable family! And Emily's pictures turned out great!

The Colvins said...

I think they turned out very cute! Even if you still don't like them now I bet you will 5 years from now--they hold your little ones in time if only for a moment! So cheer up--isn't that what family pictures are all about!

Traciannee said...

Emily's pictures are just darling. She is so grown up.
Cute family pictures. They turned out great for having to wait 2 hours. Gotta love Jonathan's smile!

Julie said...

What a DOLL! I love the pictures! Your family pictures turned out real cute and Emily wow she is going to be a heart breaker! The big three. Jackson will be hitting that next month. I am afraid. Your family is adorable! We have gone to JC Penny for pictures a couple times sometimes they are really good and other times I am not so impressed. It really depends on who you get.

Shawn said...

Your little girl is sooo darling! Isn't crazy how fast they grow up? Your pictures turned out great!