Thursday, November 13, 2008

haircuts, breakfast, and ice-cream

This is just a cute shot of Emily, last Thurday, right before our cousin, Britni, gave us each a haircut. Britni is a perfectionist like me, so she gives the best haircuts! I usually pay her, but this time we traded haircuts for babysitting, so we both saved money. I watched her sweet little guy, Kyle, while she and Aaron attended the U of U football game. The Utes beat TCU in the last two minutes. Yea! Thanks again, Brit!
Sunday morning, Wade put on my Strawberry Shortcake apron and Emily put on hers, and they made scrambled eggs and toast together for the family. I think the apron is a nice look for Wade, don't you think?
The next morning for breakfast, Emily ran to the silverware drawer and grabbed 6 spoons to eat her cereal with. What a funny girl!
To prepare for the primary program, I made a poster with a big bowl and places for 9 scoops of ice-cream to fit on top of that bowl. If the kids passed of a song, they received an ice-cream scoop to put on the poster. Once they passed off all their songs, they earned an ice-cream party! So here's a picture of Emily enjoying her ice-cream and one of Wade helping Jon eat his, on Tuesday.
While everyone was eating their ice-cream, I read them the comments from the congregation about how well they did and what their favorite part of the program was. Then the kids lined up and cashed in their tickets for prizes. They received tickets for being reverent and well-behaved during the practices and the actual program. Good incentive, by the way! You don't even need to shush the kids, just give one kid a ticket, and the others follow his example, because they want a ticket, too! We had rice-krispy treats, cookies, donuts, pencils, stickers, word puzzle books, and all sorts of little toys that they could buy with their tickets. It was a fun night, and with all the sugar I ate, I knew I would feel guilty watching "The Biggest Loser" after we got home. Too bad I recorded channel 7, rather than channel 5, so I still haven't seen it this week!

4 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

So. . . where are the haircuts? I need to get mine cut before I come home for Christmas because Mike's family is having portraits taken. I need some ideas!

Carlos said...

How cute! Your kids are adorable and just keep getting bigger and bigger! So excited to see you on the 23

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?? You haven't seen "The Biggest Loser" this week? I just deleted it. Oh well. You have to watch next week. Then call me. I'm so excited!!!

Kathy said...

First off, Emily's pictures trump the park experience. She looks gorgeous. As for the family picture, it is cute and at least it's all done!! :)
As for Biggest loser, this season is killing me. First off, I've never had a season of this show when I really disliked anyone. But I can't stand Brady and his awful wife and Heba is another one I want out of there! Seriously, find a way to watch this week, it will be worth your effort to find it. Secondly, it really makes me want to slim down, yet there's nothing I can do but watch my belly expand. :) And it's worth it...