Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Build-A-Bear

My cousin, Carolynn convinced me that Emily needed a Build-A-Bear, and since they are only $10 right now, and I had a $5 off coupon (thanks Kim!), I decided to do it. When we got there, Jon fell in love with the puppy dogs, so Carolynn insisted he build one, too, and she would pay for it as a Christmas gift to me.
We had never been there, but it really is a fun process where the kids get to help build the bear along the way. Here Emily is pushing the peddle with her foot that makes this machine shoot cotton into her bear's body, so it can be soft and fluffy.

And then she picked out a heart to be put inside of her bear.
Then they gave their bear and dog a bath, scrubbing it's fur and everything.

Then Emily picked out a Snow White costume for her bear to wear and Jon picked out a Utes t-shirt for his dog to wear.
Thanks mommy and Carolynn. I can't wait till Christmas when I get to play with my bear!

5 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

What a fun day! I love build-a-bear and I can't wait until I get to take Sydney to one!

Karen said...

I built a bear 7 years ago and I had a blast. I know Ethan would have fun. Maybe with Grandma's money....

*Aliese* said...

I love Build-A-Bear! What a fun activity...Your kids must have AWESOME self-control to not want to have them BEFORE Christmas. I don't think I could do it.

Traciannee said...

Build a Bear is so much fun for the kids(and me I made a bunny a few years ago). Glad you had such a fun time. Great job saving on the bear because those outfits can cost more than the bear itself.

Cynthia said...

Wow! What a good deal, I've been inside there once, but saw that everything was way too expensive... Maybe I'll take Elora and Max there one day...