Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let is snow! Let it snow! Let is snow!

Being a St. George girl all my life where snow is uncommon, I always get excited with the first snowfall here in Salt Lake. :) Before heading to Emily's preschool party last Monday, we had to stop and enjoy the falling snowflakes. The kids were so cute sticking their tongues out and trying to catch snowflakes in their mouth.
Then this morning, I woke up and looked out the window and this is what I saw. Our backyard was covered in beautiful white powder!
And this is the street we live on, a winter wonderland. Isn't it just gorgeous? Later this morning, we drank hot chocolate and watched Joy to the World as a family. Emily was quite concerned that the Innkeeper wouldn't let baby Jesus stay there. She looked at us and exclaimed, "We need to find a place for Him!" That's a powerful thought coming from a 3 year-old. It's true-we ALL need to find a place in our lives for Him. :)

8 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

I get to see snow, and YOU, in six days!

Karen said...

I love a freshly snow covered yard and street. Especially if I don't have to drive on said street!

---- said...

How Pretty! I LOVE the tree lined streets! ESP. with it being snow covered..."it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!"

*Aliese* said...

Aw, I miss snow...It's a good thing in snowed here too!!! :)

The Lively's said...

I love that movie Joy to the World! We always watch it Christmas Eve!

You guys got a ton of snow! I love the snow just not driving in it! Scary!

Have a fun party this weekend!

Carlos said...

Boooo! So not ready for the snow again :) I finally saw that post about Orden and I loved the pictures! Especially the picture of Emily nursing her baby under a blanket! And you were right about that picture of Wade and the kids. So fun! Can't wait to see you this Friday!

Kristen said...

That snow is so pretty. It snowed down here yesterday. Hard to imagine snow in Vegas, but it did.

Kathy said...

No THAT is what I call a snow day! Oh I miss Utah right now! Miss our walks in the snow too. :)