Monday, December 8, 2008

Twilight

I finally saw Twilight on Friday. I went with my cousin, Britni, and we both loved it! For the last year, my friends and family have been telling me I have to read Twilight. I finally read it a few months ago and I couldn't put it down because it was such an exciting read! However, right after I finished reading it, Wade and I discovered the show, The Office, so every night, we would watch one or two shows of season 1-4 to catch up. Hil-ar-i-ous by the way if you've never seen it! So it took me longer to read New Moon and Eclipse because I only read while the kids were taking their afternoon nap. Plus neither book is quite as thrilling as Twilight, when Bella first discovers she's in love with a vampire and another vampire is trying to kill her. That's intense.
I just started reading Breaking Dawn and so far, I really like it. Anyway, I don't know if I've ever seen a movie as good as the book, but Twilight came awful close because it was so amazing! And when asked the next day if I thought Edward was smokin hot, my response was, "I think WADE is smokin hot, but yes Edward is pretty good-looking." Wade was happy to hear that I'm more in love with him than an actor. ;)

12 comments:

The Lively's said...

Hey it was fun thanks for taking me other wise I would have gone alone! Being all my friends went without me hint! hint! Anyhoo I liked it and it was nice to get out of the house!

---- said...

I thought they did a pretty good job with the movie too! It was cheesy in some parts...but so was the book. movies never turn out quite as great as they are in your head...but as long as you go into it with that mindset I don't think you are as disappointed.

BTW- I never got the e-vite to the reunion...you may have to send it again...mgmodbe@gmail.com

Julie said...

Love Twilight! Good read, cute show. Does Edwards hair remind anyone else of Elvis???

Love the Office. We just discovered the Office too and have been watching them. I know a girl who has all of the seasons so we have been borowing them.

Trav and Britt said...

that's funny! it took me forever to read them too! i was like - vampire romance, no way!! i had no idea they really were that good! love your pics on here, i don't know why all this twilight stuff is so enthralling, but i am so on the bandwagon! :)

Kristal said...

I didnt know you hadn't finished the last book yet. I thought you did a while ago. The Office can do that to you. I'll have to wait till the dollar movies to watch it.

*Aliese* said...

I have to grin at the infatuation that's become Edward...It just goes to show that it truly is the WORDS that make these "unattainable fantasy men" incredible! I mean honestly, I didn't hear people saying how amazing and hot this guy was when he played Cedric Digory in Harry Potter! Hopefully it doesn't give him a complex. Pretty sure I'm happy you still prefer your husband over Edward too...There are some ladies in my ward who do not feel the same. As for myself, I never really got into the Twilight books (I know, I may be excommunicated--but it's a risk I'm willing to take), but I'm glad there's another series out there that's pretty much revolutionized literature. Definitely impressive!

cerrah said...

Fun posts. I too got to have a little girl's time with my sister and go see the movie. I thought it was going to be awful and I was pleasantly surprised.

I love the pictures of Emily playing with the dolls. It is so amazing to me how that starts so early, and especially since Frankie does not do this AT ALL. No nurturing of toys and such. Usually throwing them. I love that the difference in gender (as a general rule) is there right from the start. She will be a great Mommy someday! (And a good big sister again probably sooner. heh.)

Kathy said...

Glad you liked it. I must admit to saying to myself "But Edward is suppose to be hot" when I saw the movie...he's not what I conjured up in my head while reading the books. At all. Although he did grow on me somewhat throughout the movie. I say the books are 100% better than the movie, but I was glad to have seen it and had a girls night out. Also, I agree the first book by far was the best.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I'm half way done with Breaking Dawn. It's getting good and hard to put down.

Catherine, you asked me awhile ago about some dart tag guns. You can find them at Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target.

Forrest said...

The Office is amazing.

As is 30 Rock :)

Thought I'd finally leave a comment since I do happen to stop by here from time to time!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you and Britni got to go see the movie. It was really good. Ben asked if I thought Edward was hot, and I said, "heck yes". So maybe that wasn't very nice of me (although, I know he thinks Jenifer Aniston is hot too, so I can't feel too bad). So I assume Britni's "hint hint" was for me eh? Now I feel bad. :-) Anyway, I'm glad you liked it, let me know what you think of the 4th book when you're finished.

Karen said...

I agree with Julie. Edward's hair does look like Elvis'. Funny, I don't think I'd ever thought of that. I am reading New Moon again. I really hate the Jacob parts so I have to push through them. But I'm back to Edward, the smokin hot love of my vampire life! What a good lookin' vampire. I am excited to go see Twilight again. I have a few friends who have read Midnight Sun, Twilight from Edward's point oof view, and one friend said she really liked the movie even better because she'd read Midnight Sun. I may have to do that! It's on Stephanie Meyer's web site, just in case.