At half time, I LOVED how they had the pep bands from both schools perform a patriotic song together, while this huge American Flag was waving. Despite the dumb feud between the schools, we both celebrate our country's freedom, and I think that's just a little more important than a football game.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Intense Game
Wade really wanted to attend the BYU vs Utah game because this is his last semester at the U, therefore it's the last time he can get a free student ticket to the game. :) So he got us tickets, and we were excited to go!
Here's our family dressed in red to support the Utes. Thanks again Traci for watching the kids while we were at the game!
Introducing the University of Utah football team
Here we are enjoying the actual game, but frustrated by the surroundings. We knew the Utah fans hate BYU, but it really was awful coming from both sides...just an ugly hatred from the fans that is sad and immature. We both have family and friends who have attended BYU, and I was going to attend school there. It's an amazing university, and we cheer for them when they're playing other teams, but of course we cheered for Utah at this game because Wade goes to school there. We tried to ignore the swearing and the fights and just focus on the game, which was intense and definitely entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I liked it when the bands played together I thought that was neat. P.S. not all Utah fans hate BYU :)! Anyhoo glad you were able to go! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm so jealous because I would love to have gone to the game...even though BYU was terrible! Looked like you had lots of fun. It's kinda sad to be almost done being students huh? We are both about to enter the "real world" :)
Disgraceful. The game and the fact that you (with a background at BYU) could cheer for the U. Tsk, tsk. I guess we will have to kick you out of the family.
GG
Like I told the ladies at work: it's a good thing BYU lost because I would have hated coming to work to see the "weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth" that would have occurred had Utah lost. Ha Ha--for every game there has to be a winner and a looser. All I can say it is a good thing that Wade is my kid!
Post a Comment