Thursday, November 6, 2008

Such happy kids!

haha What a joke! They were absolutely onery the entire time we tried to get family pictures taken. Wade and I thought we could save money and just have my friend Jenica take a few shots of us at Sugarhouse park. Yeah right! So needless to say, I've already made an appointment with JC Penney and we're going to try again. Grrr!

19 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

I saw a show once and they said that the really good pictures showed their true personalities.
GG

The Colvins said...

Oh I hope you have better luck at jcpenny! BTW cute halloween costumes!

Becca said...

On the bright side, you and Wade look great! :)

matt and brynnzie said...

Those pics are adorable, you should totally got one developed. It will be fun to look back on in the future.

Kathy said...

Okay, keep the same outfits (the colors are great), and try again at the park. Those fall colors are gorgeous and I love the natural look of being outdoors. It is so worth trying again...Make your friend Jenica dinner to bribe/pay her. :) Then tell the kids they can have a special surprise for getting through the photo shoot. Seriously, so cute and with even a tiny smile from the kiddos, they'd be perfect.

Kelly said...

So funny. They are cute anyway. Hey, you should send that picture of the car below to Jay Leno or something. I bet he would air it! Too funny! I would have peed my pants. :-)

Katie Leigh said...

I love Emily's face in the second picture. And her tummy hanging out.

The Lively's said...

Thanks again for watching Kyle! It was so nice having a night out! Especially being the Utes won! Thanks again your awesome!

Traciannee said...

Love the look of your pictures. It's do bad you didn't even get tiny smiles on those two little ones. Good luck at JCPenny's.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I bet that is frustrating. However, they are still cute pictures and fun to keep to laugh at later. Maybe you should bribe Emily with some Oreos if she's good. j/k!

Margaret said...

I agree with one of your friends about trying again at the park. If you try an hour after nap time and bribe them with oreos after they take pictures. It should work. They are still great pictures. Love ya.

Shawn said...

The background looks great! Too bad the kids didn't cooperate! You guys look good!

cerrah said...

Oh I hear you. Are pictures REALLY that bad? I think you look good in these ones. The kids can take one for the team. (:

Eileen said...

Don't try Oreos or you will have chocolate on everything!!! Now is that the kind of response you'd expect from a grandmother!! Ha Ha--Grandma Grace had it right I think, "the really good pictures show your true personality." Just remember, we have a hard time remembering when everything goes perfect but for some reason we always remember when things don't go so great. One day you will look back and wonder what happened to these days and when did the kids grow up. I'm sure Lois and I are thinking to ourselves--take a good look Wade and Catherine cause what you see in your children is a lot like what you were when you were young. Gotta love em! Their expressions are priceless and one day you can use it as "black mail."

Brandi said...

Oh,you look sooo good, too bad the kids didn't want to smile. I learned in August at Kiddie Kandids that it was hard to get all 4 of us looking good, the best one is good of everyone but me, oh well, we tried. I LOVE the Halloween costumes, you look so cute! Also, I am so proud of you, you look so skinny, good job girl!

Stacie Lang said...

Whether you do another shoot or not you should print it out at costco for a measly dollar and change and put it up for a while. We have a tradition of keeping all the family photos we have taken behind the current one, everytime we get a new one we look at how much our family has changed and grown and have a good laugh at the grumpy and silly faces that we could not control. The beauty of having a friend take it is you are not out any money and can do it again and each time they seem to get better. I agree that you should forget JC Penney and try again outside either first thing in the morning or right after a nap.

Cynthia said...

Don't you just love it (NOT!) when kids don't cooperate with you on pictures...

Megan said...

They may be mad, but they are still cute!

Rach said...

Good luck...kids make life interesting dont they!! THey are darling anyway :)