Our favorite Christmas tradition is attending Michael McLean's The Forgotten Carols. It's a musical production with a story about those Christmas carols that may have been forgotten about. There's the song that Joseph, Mary, the Innkeeper, the shepherds, the angels, and the Wise Men would have sung if they had a carol to sing about the part they played in the birth of our Savior. It's an amazing production and just gets better for me every year. We attended the show a week and a half ago and loved it, as always! It's just refreshing to slow down from the rush of everything this month and spend a night reminded WHY we celebrate Christmas. The birth of our Savior is a beautiful story, but it's more than that. I know it really happened. I know that Christ came to Earth to live for us, to be an example of selfless love, to suffer, bleed, and die for us. And I know He lives today and will come again. And that knowledge brings me great joy!
One of my favorite songs of all time happens to come from The Forgotten Carols. It's entitled "What I Need"
All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of, everything I hoped,
and all the things I prayed for couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given.
I've been given what I need.
A mansion on a hill, a love like in the movies,
perfect little dreams where no one has a problem;
Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted,
Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted,
I've been given what I need.
Even when I didn't understand, when I thought you had no heart.
Thank for you objecting my demands and always giving me the better part.
All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of, everything I hoped,
and all the things I prayed for couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given.
I've been given what I need.
Because I listen to The Forgotten Carols CD every day through out December and often through out the year as well, I get a chance to listen to this song often. And each time I hear it, I'm humbled. I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father hasn't given me a perfect life, that I have trials to face day in and day out. Those trials have given me character and have made me a stronger person.
Particularly this last year, as Wade has been searching for a job, it's been frustrating, yet humbling that he hasn't found one yet. He's been turned down again and again and half the time, it's because they're closing the position after all and aren't going to hire anybody because of the bad economy. What I want is for my husband to land a great job. But what the Lord knows I need is to learn patience and to live according to His will, not mine. So Wade and I will continue fasting and praying, and we'll let you know if and when we have good news to share.
9 comments:
I remember how you love to see this each year...glad you could go again. What a sweet song, too.
Keep your chin up about the job situation. The Lord is going to bless you guys for being so good!
I am so happy to hear you had such an amazing birthday celebration! You totally deserve it! Wish I could have joined in on the girls night out...
Merry Christmas, Friend!!
I do love The Forgotten Carols (I was blessed enough to be able to perform it with him for two years in high school--I was the "thou shalt not be cuter than the star" girl). It was definitely a neat experience and I STILL get chills when I hear the music!
I love The Forgotten Carols! The songs and the message are amazing, and "What I Need" is one of my favorites, too. Merry Christmas!
We got a new BMW! YEah! J/K! We bought Aaron's Grandpa's Truck! He is the one who passed away! IT is just an old Toyota but not as old as my car was! I assume he still has his Zion's Bank Job So Catherine you are blessed and things will work out! You should be thrilled he is done with school what a relief!
I was in The Forgotten Carols one year it was awesome!
Thanks for the invite Catherine...your kids are just as cute as you said they are. That was a really fun party thanks for all of your work. We'll have to get together again and play games when you're here with Nick and Summer too!!
Hey Sunshine! I am so proud of you, you did a great job last night for the party! You are so right, those things are stressful, but you sailed right through it. THANK YOU for doing it. I love you too and am excited to visit with you tommorrow afternoon!
My family used to go to the F.C. every year but when I got married and moved out we didn't get to go anymore because we didn't live near family. I would love to see it again. I listen to the CD every year it is my favorite! Hope your christmas was fun!
seriously, what song are you talking about? I LOVE the forgotten carols and I really don't know that song. Who sings it and was it part of the original CD? just wondering. I hope you had a good birthday even though I was not able to call. lol love you.
Post a Comment